Sunday 30 December 2012

Well at least today it was not raining, initially I was going to do nothing but watch the two live Sky games on TV, but the light got the better of me. I ventured down my patch only for a short visit, it was freezing and blowing a gale. As I climbed the five barred gate, I was greeted by the usual animals, two miniature Ponies and some sheep trying to see what I had in my bag, nothing for them I'm afraid. I set up my camera and I took a few shots as I waited in hope for the Buzzard to return. Most obliging were the Blackbird, Tree Sparrow and Moorhen.








































There were plenty of Blue and Great tits about when a Grey Squirrel arrived, but within minutes his constant foraging stopped as he hugged the tree stump in front of me.













The Greater Spotted Woodpecker was acting strange too, it could mean only one thing?







































There was a predator about. I slowly opened the hide door to take a peek at what was causing such concern, and I soon spotted the reason. It was the Buzzard soaring high above.

The Buzzard.







The Buzzard didn't put in an appearance at the feeding station in the short time I was there today, despite the fact I had on offer Pigeon as a main course and Squirrel chunks as a pudding, but I am confident it won't be long before I bring you some more close ups of this wonderful Raptor.

I was amused by the Robin and Tits etc, and the antics of the Grey Squirrel chasing the Pheasant away from the food, even though there was more than enough to go around.




All in all a decent couple of hours made all the more enjoyable by the appearance of one of my favourites the Greater Spotted.