Thursday 27 May 2010

Robby

My neighbour came round and said I have found this chick in the garden, you are the bird man here you go, and presented me with a tiny bundle of fluff. I wish he had left it where he had found it at the base of our adjoining hedge, that way I am sure Mum would have attended to her little mite.

With this in mind I placed the little baby Robin chick next to the hedge, I watched for over 2 hours but the parents never found it. Faced with the option of either letting it die or trying to help I chose the latter.

I quickly found an ice cream tub and an old towel, now to find some food, I will state now , if I was a bird I would starve to death, finding worms, grubs etc is not as easy as it first seems. That said I found enough to get him through the night. Yes you have guessed it, I was up at first light grub hunting again, this guy demands food every 30 minutes, he goes everywhere with me now (except the loo that is) I will be glad when he can feed himself.