Monday 31 May 2010

More please

Our Robby

Well Robby is growing fast, he should be if the amount of food he eats is anything to go by. Sod the worm hunting etc, I took the easy route and went to the local fishing tackle shop. I placed Robby on the counter (remember i told you he went everywhere with me) and said, he wants a quarter of maggots and some worms. I have never heard so many Ahh's in my life, full grown men with tattoo's and piercings, noses that looked like the Rock of Gibraltar crowded around to see our Robby. On six foot plus angler said I have got to give him a maggot, it made me smile. We left the shop with a promise of reporting Rob's progress and enough food to last him a fortnight.
He has around six maggots at any one feeding, his record is nine, chopped worms are a favorite with him, but not me slimy as hell when chopped up. Robby will be going on holiday for a few days tomorrow to our boat in Norfolk.