Wednesday 2 June 2010

Bloody Rain

I decided to take myself and my camera for a walk today, it was overcast, not the best conditions for taking bird images, but the weather girl said it was going to brighten up (lieing sod her) it rained, rained and rained even more as you will see from my lily pad image.



I was out now so I thought I may as well make the best of it and headed for a Country park about 30 minutes drive away, I parked up and hoped the rain would stop. I noticed some seed on an old tree stump that an earlier visitor had left, shortly after a baby rat appeared. Moving over to the passenger seat of my car and winding the window down, I placed my camera bean bag on the car door. I had my cable release with me, I figured I was going to need it in such low light conditions. Every time I was about to take an image a car door slammed or some noisy brat was chasing around, keeping both the rat and any other species well away from the tree stump, also my camera was getting wet. I'm fed up now.

Moving to another area of the park, the rain ceased temporarily so I ventured out, not far mind as I am a fair weather togger now. The birds it seemed were as fed up as I was, the ones that did decide to show had to put up with a woman's dog, who chased anything and everything that moved.



I decided I could have more fun sitting with the Mother-in-Law so back to the car and called it a day.