Tuesday 22 June 2010

Kes update

I had a day out today hoping to get some birdy pic's, the blighters seem to be evading me of late, so with this in mind I decided to head for a woodland that has paid dividends for me in the past. Before I set off though I nipped down the patch to look at Kes and Co, the female was in the tree where I park my car and took off as soon as I opened the door, the tree overlooks the newly cut hay field so it looks like she has found a plentiful supply of food for the time being. As usual I walked past the nest box to be greeted by four hungry looking faces, I reckon they are eating for England, I took a quick image to show the rate they are growing then left them alone. Still no sign of the Male I'm afraid I am beginning to fear the worst now.


Growing fast

Over to the hide I went again to top up the food, not much about at this time but I did notice a few Dragon Flies skiting over the pond, Broad Bodies Chasers, not to miss a chance I managed a shot or two of the male, the female evaded me, before I went on my way.


Broad Bodies Chaser (male)

I spent over four hours at my chosen woodland without getting a decent image, I did see plenty of juveniles but the little sods wouldn't show, oh well at least I had a good day even if I did burn my legs, that sun is hot.