Sunday 13 January 2013

Face Off

Further to my first trap camera post/video I decided to set the camera again, this time so that the Pheasant was in view. The first Pheasant I hung eventually disappeared after four days, I assumed the Fox finally gave in to temptation and took it. I have been wondering why only one Badger was seen, surely there would be more together at least once, after all I filmed about 40 separate 60 second clips through the night. So I hung another Pheasant and baited around the area with peanuts. On collecting the camera next morning and viewing the footage, I learned a very good lesson, do not set the camera too early, looking through the latest footage I have evidence of two bloody Shetland ponies, a Pheasant (live one) and a load of Pigeons eating my vey expensive peanuts. Having said that I did put a large number down so I am hoping there was some left for the night creatures. The following footage is around four minutes long and results in a very interesting stand off.



I am pleased to have caught this behaviour on film, but again a little concerned that only one Badger showed. I will continue to film this set over the coming weeks to see if we do have more than one Brock. I really hope so as I want to get to know this family more in the coming months.