Monday 14 January 2013

Snow

Not too much to report today apart from the fact it was snowing and the light was poor, just a dusting really and not very pleasant.



I set the trap camera again along with another Pheasant, I was exited to see the face off between the Badger and the Fox (see previous post) so I am hoping for more and also to see more than one Badger would be nice. As you will see from the following image there is plenty of activity around this entrance to the set.



Camera & Pheasant in position.





As I walked to the hide I could see plenty of activity from the usual woodland birds, and on checking the Pheasant I had left for the Buzzard it was obvious that I had got out of bed too late. The Buzzard had been and had breakfast long before me, the Pheasant been opened up and pecked to bits, I am kicking myself thinking about what I have missed. I put more seed and nuts etc down and sat in the hide, put on the heater and listened to the radio while my camera was set on the Buzzard perch, but as I thought there was no show. I took the odd image and a couple of short video clips before I headed home.

Times are hard when the Blackbird starts eating nuts. The hedges have had a real cutting in my area resulting in no berries for the wildlife, such a shame, farmers should wait until around February..



I hope to bring you more Badger action very soon.