Thursday 17 January 2013

God its been cold.

To say the last few days have been cold would be an understatement, its been bloody freezing. This is the gate I climb to enter the land to my patch, as you can see it was cold.





The tree's looked good and I wished there was some sunlight so the frost could glisten in the rays, but it was as dull as could be.






This is the set where the Badger/Fox video was taken, I set the camera again for part 2.



As I walked to the hide and could see through my binoculars that the Pheasant left for the Buzzard had been well received, as you will see from the following image.



How strange that they always seem to eat when I am not there. What is on the menu today then, well recently they have had Squirrel, Pheasant, Rabbit, so now its time for a little Duck, well quite big Ducks really.



I set the table, topped up the feeders and was determined to sit it out until the Buzzard put in an appearence.

Table set.




As I said the usual visitors were about, and I just couldn't resist taking a shot of the GSW on the reed mace, not something you see every day.







































He was a regular visitor throughout the day and stopped me nodding off.


I was determined to see the daylight hour out, but at around 3.45pm disaster struck, the gas in the heater ran out, within 15 minutes I was freezing and decided to call it a day, I guess the Buzzard won again but as Arnie said "I will be back" I have seen the time when I could have sat there all day with no heat, not now I'm afraid.

A quick image from the back of the feeding station before I headed home.



Oh yeah, the new Badger footage. Still only one Brock to see but very interesting behaviour form the Fox I think you will agree.

Badger & Fox Part 2.